Thursday, April 7, 2011

BAAMATHI

Yet again thanking my Goddess I write about one of her stoic devotees: Vaasasbathi Michrar.


Michrar's only passion, pursuit and penchant in his life....was in penning down verses on the Goddess!!
That evening as usual, when he was giving the final touches to the verses in his manuscript...the lamp's flame-that was placed on his writing-desk-flickered in the strongly blowing-breeze and finally got put-out.


In a few seconds, an old lady appeared with a lamp in her hand. She placed it so carefully..so as to not disturb his thought-flow!!
Michrar was startled and so touched by the lady's act: "Who are you dear lady?? It is so nice of You to have given me a lamp to carry on with my work."


The 'lady' was shocked to hear these words..as she was none other than Baamathi, his wife!


She looked at her husband, Michrar, in a reverential way and uttered these words:-
"Dear Sir, I happen to be your wife, Baamathi....it's been fifty long years since I got married to you..."
At this juncture..Michrar unconsciously touched himself..his hands and face and was surprised to feel the wrinkles of old age;-
"I did not want to even give you the slightest of disturbance..all these years....as you were involved in Divine and Celestial!!!!
I was quietly rendering service to you..as  you were offering your services to the great Goddess of Wisdom, Saraswathima"--said Baamathi to her husband.


Michrar went through a gamut of emotions and  was looking at his wife keenly for the very first time..
He got up from his desk ..and folded his hands in reverence to his wife, Baamathi...who has actually done a greater service to the Goddess than him.


That's how came about the volume, 'BAAMATHI", --an Invocation to the Muse of Learning,-- that Michrar had named after his wife.


....So, meet you again with more of the Goddess' Leelai....next Wednesday.

No comments:

Pappa Kuttti

Kanamma..YOU're my life, love and ecstasy!!!!! You are the love to me , And I am the magnet to you, You are the holy books of Veda ...