Monday, February 21, 2011

"Destination Deity"!!

[This is the II part of  the blog, "margazhi and mysorepak"]

It seems the whole vicinity got startled, with the amicable village-folks volunteering in grand-father's 'mission' towards tracing my whereabouts!! As for the 'kutties' (titny-tots) they were asked to be in the house with our aunt. Charu, my niece was for her part creating a problem..pestering that she too be taken out on the 'mission'..as she was an avid reader of "The Secret Seven"! (what started adding to her "Detective fantasises" was that ..she owned a dog quite similar to "Timothy" in the story!!!) finally only God knows how she was put to rest.

The exhausted elders were ranting and raving about the mishap. The echoes that filled the house with laughter and noise..now was filled with  melancholy.

All of them had never seen grand pa look so let-down!! My mother too it seems had fallen unconscious too!! It was a horrible night for our family.! Even our doggie who cannot stay without his feed of milk-rice in the night, refused to eat.  

"Aiyya, aiyya...."--there was a loud knock at the door; and when my uncle had got up to see who was at the door..only then had we come to know that it was 6.00 in the morning. 

It was our gardener's wife, Maari ..gosh! even now I  can recollect that hilarious moment!! 

"Vazhakam pola kaalaiyle Koyillai koota ponapothu unga papavoda kolusa paarthein!!!!"  (As usual when I had gone for my sweeping work in the temple I saw this anklet..) My grand pa asked her,"Entha Koyil?" ( Which temple?)Taking Maari  along with us to show the way, all of us travelled towards what seemed to be our only 'Destination of Hope'!!

Even before my granddad could park his vehicle, i had spotted the jeep and came jumping and hopping...alongside with the 'gurukal' , who had taken me to his home last night, waiting for someone to come and '''claim''' me!
On reaching  there,..the first thing that my grand pa did was to prostrate before the Deity..

..and from that year onwards he never did forget to include the Shrine in our pilgrimage: the "Koothanur Maha Saraswathi Temple" in Poonthottam village:-

                                    The  entrance to the temple....
  
                                      

           
                        A Profile of the Gopuram....                                                           
                                                  

                                                               The  Deity!


We still don't know as to how i actually got here, neither can i recollect....but my grandfather strongly believed that it was the GODDESS'  'Leelai'  to make all of us come to HER abode..which we still keep doing, come what may. 




                                                      




No comments:

Pappa Kuttti

Kanamma..YOU're my life, love and ecstasy!!!!! You are the love to me , And I am the magnet to you, You are the holy books of Veda ...