Monday, February 14, 2011

MY FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH "HER".

I  would have been all of  4  then....it was a fine day..{ with the season's 'virgin--showers' going on a date with the rattling thunder!!}
Just when I was about to pull o'er the 'Kashmir blanket' and make myself smug...my mother gave me a waking alarm, in the form of  her filter 'kaapi'. Mom  and  her cuppa coffee is always unbeatable!! I got up just to inhale the aroma  that kept wafting across my nostrils.


 "Lakshmi, take the new note-book from the Swami Almirah for Shammu"-- This was my father to my mother. Hey ! a new note-book for me, that too from the Swami Almirah. I just couldn't wait!! 
Meanwhile, strings of  freshly--plucked mango leaves were starting to adorn the vast hallway of our palatial bungalow. Packets of puffed rice and jaggery seemed to be 'taking the centre-stage' in my mom's kitchen-cabin.


A  gregarious  atmosphere, on the whole pervaded; added to that the lovely showers outside..I was sporting  my favourite parrot-green 'pattu pavadai', 'nethi chutti', 'jimki' and 'kolusu' all which made me feel like a princess! ....Little did I  know that there was this 'something special' waiting to drench me..no, here, I did not mean the showers outside. Then what was it????? 
  
Wait till  I  blog next.

Luv'
Sarasvadivu.

No comments:

Pappa Kuttti

Kanamma..YOU're my life, love and ecstasy!!!!! You are the love to me , And I am the magnet to you, You are the holy books of Veda ...