Tuesday, February 15, 2011

'SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS'.....


The slight drizzle not  being a deterrent, a lanky old man, with  a floral--patterned umbrella in one hand and a pile of books in another, stood at our door-step.



Even if  I take several births this 'man' will remain unforgettable to me!! Wasn't he the one who took me into a  world filled with weirdly-shaped letters, that then, had reminded me of  a popular Indian dessert in 'jaangiri'!!: that is Sri. Rengarajan for you, the 'gurukal' in the neighbourhood Vinayagar temple and my first GURU.



At the request of my father he had been to my home to 'Initiate my Intellect'  on an auspicious day--which I came to learn later as "Vijayadasami". 
A  very humble man, that  'Ayya'  was..he refused to accept the money offered by my parents; instead  I  believe he had told them, "Ivalukku Antha Ambaloda Gataksham Irukku....nanna varuva!" {She has been blessed by the Ambal..will come up well in her life}.



He walked up  to the  gate and then suddenly slowed his pace. He suddenly put his hands into his pocket, took out something and called me. I  went near him. He placed  something into the fold of my fingers, touched my head and muttered something,.....{which I'll tell you later}
The  drizzles grew into a heavy shower;- just as my
spirit of curiosity too started to!! I opened my hand to have a quick glimpse of what was there!!
There 'SHE' was 'My Diva of Eternity' exuding  compassion and warmth: a small wooden statue of Goddess Saraswathi; gleaming under the droplets of a fresh shower. 


That was the most unforgettable shower of my life!!


Ah! there is one more thing I've got to tell you..
 didn't I tell you that my Guru had muttered something..it goes thus:" Ivalai ennikum vidathe, enna"!! {Don't ever leave Her.}



Yes dear 'Ayya' I  haven't left  HER, neither has 'SHE'......




 



No comments:

Pappa Kuttti

Kanamma..YOU're my life, love and ecstasy!!!!! You are the love to me , And I am the magnet to you, You are the holy books of Veda ...